Friday, April 1, 2016

Anna's Spicy Drip Sandwiches

I used a crockpot (for 6 hours), but you can put in the oven for 4 hours at 300 degrees F. Basically you combine the following:
-Chuck roast, 4 lbs
-Beef stock, 32 oz
-Crushed tomatoes, 28 oz can
-1 (16 oz) jar of pepperoncinis with juice
- 1 (16 oz) jar of hot peppers, drained (I used giarndiniera this time, but any hot peppers work)
- 2 (4oz) jars pimentos

Once the meat is fork tender, take it out of the pot and shred it. Skim the fat off the top of all of the juices, and then put the meat back in. Serve it on toasted hoagie rolls with provolone.
This is actually a Pioneer Woman recipe, and know some on here are not big fans of hers. Although, I feel like a lot of what she makes is appealing to a wide variety of people. This was the first time I'd made this recipe, and my husband and brother-in-law raved about it and both insisted I make it again in the near future - and they're usually not that insistent about a recipe. My husband specifically said I need to write it down in my "book" - which is basically my recipe journal that I keep for really good recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment