Saturday, October 15, 2016

Terri's Chipotle Chicken Salad

The kiddo stumbled upon a few free Chicken Salad Chick sandwich cards at college over the summer.  He's not into chicken salad but got hooked on something called Jazzy Julie Chicken Salad Sandwich.  He asked me to make it for him and all I knew from the menu is that it had cheddar cheese, cayenne and bacon.  I made this up and am addicted.  I make little scoops on Ritz crackers.  I like my chicken salad a little dryer but if you prefer it more moist, add 1/4 cup more each of mayo and sour cream.

Meat from one rotisserie chicken at the grocery
1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
about 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce (I use Chipotle)
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper (I use Penzey's Chipotle)
3 slices bacon, chopped up

Combine the mayo, sour cream, Tabasco, and cayenne and let sit.  I use Penzey's spices which are strong.  If you use a different brand you may want to add and extra dash or two

Place bacon on a rack in the over and broil for a few minutes til cooked.  Let cool and cut into small pieces.

Cut up the meat from the chicken into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.  Add cheese and mix it up well.  Add wet ingredients and mix well.  Add bacon and mix well.  Chill for an hour.


1 comment: