Saturday, September 6, 2014

Bow-Tie Pasta side dish

I honestly don't know what to call this.  The only thing that is ever consistent in it is the pasta.  Like BaconSlut, I eyeball the dressing ingredients because it's good no matter what.  I know it looks gross by the ingredients, but it really is good.  I use things from the garden so I add whatever is growing.

1 Box BowTie Pasta (I prefer the small size pasta)

1-2 cups of Mayo or Miracle Whip
1/3 cup Parm cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
a small handful of chopped up basil or about a tablespoon of dry

1 cut up green pepper
1 cut up red pepper
a pint of cherry tomatoes, halved;  or tomatoes from the garden, diced up
1/2 a diced onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup peas
12 oz chopped up broccoli

Make the pasta according to directions and drain.  Chop up the peppers, onion and broccoli and mix with the pasta.  Mix up the mayo, cheese, sugar and basil until the sugar dissolves and add to the pasta/veggies.  Fold in the tomatoes and refrig for a few hours before serving.  Goes great with steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment