Saturday, May 25, 2013

Greek Pasta Salad

1/2 a box of sea shell pasta (or small penne)
1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes
a handful of fresh basil, chopped
Fresh oregano (however much you like)
Fresh Thyme (however much you like)
a carton of Feta cheese

Cook the pasta according to the directions.  I like mine al dente, but whatever.

Rinse the pasta to cool it off a bit and put it in a bowl (or in tupperware).  Add the fresh herbs so the heat open up the flavor.

Drain about half the liquid from the tomatoes and mix in.  Add salt and pepper if you like.

When cooled, add the Feta and mix it up.

This is served at a restaurant around town, Zoe's, and I studied it to death til I figured out everything in it.  Now it's a summertime salad staple in Casa de Terri.  I grow my own herbs so add however much I have of the oregano and thyme.  I have left it out and it's great...because the basil and feta are the stars.  I'm making it right now and will post a photo later (memory permitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment