Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Johnnysgirl's "Bottom of the Salad" Salad


This low-fat, fiber-full, hearty mess was inspired by the realization that my favorite part of salad is the bits left at the bottom of the bowl. Yes, I put a lot of random stuff in my salad.  Boring salad is boring.

Ingredients (organic if possible):

1/4-ish cup diced green onion
1/2-ish cup diced red bell pepper
1 small golden beet, grated
2 medium carrots, grated
1/4-ish cup golden raisins, chopped
1/4-ish cup toasted pecans, chopped
1/4-ish cup cooked lentils
Several sprigs (you decide how much) Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped (this shizzle is the bomb, I put it in all  my salads as another green)
Salt, fresh-ground pepper, and oregano (to your liking)
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar (to your liking)
1/4-ish cup shredded cheese of your choice (optional)

Put it all in a bowl and toss. Frakking delicious, and keeps longer than reg salad (as there are no wilting greens)


No comments:

Post a Comment